We specialize in full-time, permanent placements. We assist families to find the qualified, dedicated, professional Nanny or Maid or household staff that they need like Caregivers, Drivers, Cleaners, Babysitters, Cooks, Nurses, Maternity Nurses, Au pairs.
Nobody wants to leave their child alone or in a stranger’s hand, even for a second. But unexpected situations may arise where you want someone trustworthy enough to step in to take care of your baby. Finding a dependable baby care professional can be a daunting and time-consuming task. That’s where Amazing Maids steps in as a reliable option for families to take care of their children and keep them safe. Having a babysitter on-call can provide you with more flexibility for your office work or if you need a moment to yourself.
AmazingMaids provides trustworthy, flexible, and affordable childcare services in Cape Town, offering the best possible care for your babies and peace of mind for you. We work closely with families to understand their needs and provide them with fully vetted babysitters. We have a team of experienced, professional, nurturing, and responsible babysitters and they are selected to suit you and your child’s unique personality and needs.
We have broken down the process into 4 steps:
- Find profiles to select from.
- Interview them and find the right one for you.
- Test them in real life scenarios. We allow 2-3 days trial period
- Hire her – Do the paperwork
A maid or nanny becomes an inevitable part of the family they work for. The most important thing we have learnt is that there is no “one size fits” all option. Everyone has different perspectives and factors when it comes to criteria, preferences, or requirements. Getting a recommendation from a friend’s neighbor whose nanny might be conveniently available might lead to disappointment. Having a wider range to choose from is a great place to start. This opens your options and opportunities to find a nanny or maid who best suits you.
Once you send your full prerequisites and job description, we send you candidates’ profiles. The profile also contains information on what skills and abilities they have such as, cooking, baby care, house cleaning, driving and the languages they can speak. It also consists of her previous experiences along with her personal description. As a rule of thumb, we recommend shortlisting at least 3 contenders to start with and interview before you decide.
Questions that you may wish to think about asking and discussing at the interview stage:
- Discuss working hours and any extra hours you may require, such as weekends, babysitting, live-in, holidays with the family, etc.
- Discuss any special dietary and medical requirements.
- If the nanny is going to travel with you, discuss any dutiesthat may change during this time.
- What activities do they enjoy with the children?
- How will they structure their day?
- Are they creative and do they like arts and crafts?
- What can they teach your children about money?
- Do they enjoy taking children to outside activities, e.g., swimming, visiting the library, music classes etc.?
- How would they establish a routine?
- What are their views on discipline?
- Ae they happy to build up a social life for the child or child/ children and meet other nannies for lunch, tea, play dates and activities?
- Are they a confident driver?
- How would they cope in an emergency, such as injury, allergic reaction, chocking, etc.?
- What are their hobbies?
- How do they like to spend their free time?
- Discuss your house rules, i.e., friends staying (male/female)
Our baby nurses will help you with:
● Caring for your new-born.
● Feeding, Bathing, Nappy Changing, Baby Settling, Sleeping and Helping Families cope with a Crying Infant.
● Baby Health monitoring including Growth Charting, Baby Weighing and Observation of Fontanelle Mother’s Breastfeeding Support and Education.
● Breastfeeding Support and Education.
● Post-Delivery Wound Care.
● Psycho-Social Support.
● Sibling Integration and Comfort.
● Childcare services.
Exceptional Care at Home for Older Adults.
First, we get to know you and your care needs, then we design a flexible Care Plan just for you.
You’ll get the in-home care solution you need—and always be informed and in control.
Our caregivers will help you with:
We support people living with specific medical conditions and unique needs, providing the best care so our clients can live safely at home.
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Heart Health
- After A Stroke
- End-Of-Life Care
- Hospital To Home
Memory Care at Home
Our caregivers are expertly trained to support people living with any type of cognitive decline from mild memory problems to advanced dementia.
- Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Vascular Dementia
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Parkinson’s Disease Dementia
From a few hours a day of help to 24/7 support, we will design a Care Plan to meet your specific needs. Our high-quality in-home care includes:
- Help At Home
- Respite Care
- 24/7 Care
- Live-In Care
- Helping with personal care
- Helping with mobility around the home
- Overseeing medication and providing medical support
- Helping with housework such as cleaning and vacuuming
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Running errands such as food shopping or picking up prescriptions